HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christmas Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snowy

PostSubject: Christmas Memories   Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Your Favourite Christmas memory.

Putting up the tree and trying to move it so I could get in behind, tree fell on me and knocked the ornaments from the fireplace..a few of those ornaments were a wee bit damaged. Carrie standing behind me in fits of laughter.

Every year my hubby would complain about not needing too much now the kids were older but every year me and Carrie got the tree and decorations all out and ready. Carrie would be up a ladder hanging the ones on the ceiling and I'd be at the window putting on those snowflake stickers that you peel off and use again.
Carrie has all the decorations and the tree now.

hubby now saying as we have grandchildren we should have decorations up.

Back to top Go down
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Snowy wrote:
Your Favourite Christmas memory.

Putting up the tree and trying to move it so I could get in behind, tree fell on me and knocked the ornaments from the fireplace..a few of those ornaments were a wee bit damaged. Carrie standing behind me in fits of laughter.

Every year my hubby would complain about not needing too much now the kids were older but every year me and Carrie got the tree and decorations all out and ready. Carrie would be up a ladder hanging the ones on the ceiling and I'd be at the window putting on those snowflake stickers that you peel off and use again.
Carrie has all the decorations and the tree now.
 ddream

Snowy wrote:
hubby now saying as we have grandchildren we should have decorations up.
Yeah! Ellie's gotta have 'something' to rearrange!  laughtotear
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 pm

I remember running my thumb over with a pair of skis, and it hurt for 2 years!  Grin  

Back to top Go down
Dory
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:09 pm

ddream that's cool Snowy and  laughtotear

hmm, one Christmas there was a VERY big box in front of the tree among other things... sitting there for probably a week in advance  laughtotear 

and the cats were putting down the tree because they were climbing it  laughtotear but then that got solved....

omg  yea i bet that hurt Millie!

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Dory wrote:
ddream that's cool Snowy and  laughtotear

hmm, one Christmas there was a VERY big box in front of the tree among other things... sitting there for probably a week in advance  laughtotear 

and the cats were putting down the tree because they were climbing it  laughtotear but then that got solved....
Well!? How did it get solved, Dory!!??  Grin
Did you shoot the cats!?  laughtotear

Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Good "Memories" gals!!!  woohdance

I used to be the one decorating the house and the tree since i was a teen at my parents and then, when my kids were young... but without really setting it up, it's been few years that my daughter has taken over the "mantle" and she is the one putting up the deco on the walls etc... but i still decorate the Christmas tree, I could not let that go!  Hihi

Now, talking about the past, when i was a teen, one Christmas i made "candles" deco, they were big and i painted them and stuck them on the patio door with some tape and I made some "snow" to make the deco complete, it was looking great! i wish i had taken a pic but back then, there was no digital camera and photo costed to get them printed! That year, i was so happy to have snow falling on Christmas Eve through Christmas day! I remember it started with rain and got me disappointed but then it turned to snow and that was like magic!  Smile

"Christmas begins with Christ." 
Back to top Go down
Dory
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 pm

^ sounds neato!

@ Millie  Laughing no no. put some string to tie the top of the tree to the wall.   Hihi after that, tree never fell over!

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   

Back to top Go down

Christmas Memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1